Updated: Apr 27
3 to 4 lb. chicken cut up or cutlets
2 cups of chicken stock, low salt
2 cups of red bliss potatoes, 1-inch dice
2 cups of cauliflower florets
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1 large onion diced
1 can of diced tomatoes, 15oz
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoon of paprika
1 tablespoon flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large deep casserole add 2 tablespoons of the oil and place on medium-high heat, working a few pieces a time brown the chicken on each side, about 5 minutes and set aside.
3. While you are browning the chicken place the cauliflower in a zip lock bag along with the 2 tablespoons of oil and one of the cloves of garlic: shake to coat. Pour the contents onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the oven for about 35 minutes; you want the florets to get a nice char.
4. After all the chicken is done, add the onions to the casserole and cook until soft. Next, add the potatoes, reduce heat, and sauté the potatoes until they begin to soften.
5. Remove potatoes and add the paprika and flour, stir to combine.
6. Next, add the chicken stock, tomatoes, salt, and pepper, raise heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and return the potatoes and the chicken to the casserole, cover, and simmer until potatoes and chicken are done.
7. Now remove chicken from casserole and place it on a deep platter.
8. Add the sour cream or yogurt to the casserole, stir to combine.
9. Now add the cauliflower to the casserole and simmer to warm about 2 minutes.
10. Pour the sauce, potatoes, and cauliflower over chicken and serve.