Lemon Garlic Herb Chicken
Updated: Apr 27
1 large whole chicken cut up
1/4 cup of olive oil
juice and zest of 2 large lemons
2 shallots, minced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped rosemary
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped tarragon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup water
Handful chopped Parsley
1. In a large zip lock bag place all the ingredients with the exception of the water.
2. Next add the chicken, close bag, and squeeze to coat chicken with marinade.
3. Place on the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Now for the cooking - BBQ;
4A. This is great for the BBQ but can also be done on the stovetop. For the BBQ coat grill with olive oil to prevent sticking. BBQ on the grill for at least 25 minutes total, the juices should run clear for the cooked pieces. Also, brush the marinade on the chicken during the cooking process.
For non-BBQ cooking,
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
4B. On the stovetop place skillet on a medium-high heat drizzle some olive oil in the pan.
5. Brown each piece about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
6. Now place water in a skillet, brush some additional marinade over chicken and place in the oven for about 30 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and most of the water is gone from skillet.
Note: you can brush the marinade on the chicken every ten minutes during the cooking time in the oven. Place the chicken done side down in the skillet.