Ducle de Leche Chocolate Cookie
Updated: Apr 27, 2020
Ducle de Leche Chocolate Cookies
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 cup Green and Blacks Cocoa powder
2 3.5 oz bars of Green and Blacks Dark 85%, melted and cooled slightly
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup of raw sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Dulce de Leche
2 14oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. In a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish empty the two cans of condensed milk and add the fleur de sel, cover with tin foil, and place in a deep baking pan. Fill with water to the halfway point by the side of the glass baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for about 2 hours. You will need to stir this about twice and also check the water level and add water as need. You want to keep no less than a third of the way up the side of the glass baking dish. Once the Dulce de Leche is the desired color and thickness remove from the oven, let cool, then place in the fridge to cool further so that it will be spreadable for the cookies.
2. In a bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
3. In the stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Next add the eggs, yolks vanilla, and cooled melted chocolate mixing until creamed. Lower the speed on the mixer and slowly add the dry ingredients.
5. Once combined, roll out on a floured surface, form into a ball, divided into two, flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic, and place in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
6. Roll out chilled dough to about 3/16 to 1/4 of an inch thick, using the cookie cutter of choice, cut out the cookies and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies is firm to the touch. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to completely cool.
8. Once cool place about a teaspoon of the Dulce de Leche in the center of one cookie and place another on top and press to close, repeat until done with all the cookies.
9. You can also use a shortbread cookie as well.